Flexible, Custom Industrial Production Capacities
Perrigo API delivers what you need, when you need it. Our tailored manufacturing solutions range from lab-scale (micrograms), through pilot scale (up to 600 liters), to multi-ton commercial quantities. Our ability to quickly and efficiently meet our customers' production capacity needs translates into lower risk and faster turnaround while maintaining unparalleled quality.
Advanced Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Led by an innovative team of industry experts and scientists, Perrigo API offers a wide range of complex chemical reactions and technologies, including:
- Production of high-potency bulk pharmaceuticals, including steroids.
- Large scale Grignard reactions (6000-liter reactors) in an ether-free environment.
- Development and use of proprietary heterogeneous catalysts including supported metals; mixed oxides and sulfides (bulk and supported); zeolites; solid acids and bases.
- Large-scale high pressure hydrogenation.
- Chemical processes and reactions: N-alkylation, O-alkylation, condensation, demethylation, esterification, Friedel-Crafts reactions, hydrolysis, reduction with metal hydrides, oxidation with MnO2 and oxidation/dehydrogenation.
Operating under strict Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) conditions, Perrigo API facilities fully comply with FDA standards and are equipped with advanced instrumentation, in order to provide top quality service and comply to exact specifications.
- GC-MS, LC-MS, GCs and HPLCs (including PDA) microscopes
- Malvern (laser diffraction for PSD determination), Coulter, Sympatec
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscope (FTIR), Raman
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), including solid-state expertise
- Thermal analysis: DTA-DTG-DSC
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- RC-1 computer controlled reaction vessel and calorimeter
- Genotoxicity studies