Corporate Social Responsibility
"I can confidently say Perrigo is showing success, and going forward, we remain committed to our impact on the Planet, enhancing the wellbeing of People in our workforce and communities, and responsibly pursuing positive financial performance."
– Joseph C. Papa, Chairman & CEO
Perrigo's sense of responsibility and commitment extends beyond our facilities and positions. We have a long history of environmentally sound and efficient operations, safe and healthy working conditions and active participation in the communities where we work. We believe this has contributed greatly to our ability to thrive in today's business landscape.
Perrigo has a significant impact on the world. We employ nearly 10,000 people, have millions of consumers taking our product every day and support one of the most sophisticated pharmaceutical operations in the world. Our commitment to conduct our business with integrity, respect and responsibility drives our view of sustainability as a balance of doing what is right for our People, Plant and Performance.
Helping consumers access safe, effective and affordable healthcare products
Perrigo is committed to helping consumers manage their healthcare needs while also managing their costs. To help us meet our commitment, we invest in robust quality systems that enable us to manufacture high-quality products while keeping our production costs low.
Perrigo saves consumers over $5 billion US dollars in healthcare cost by offering high quality national brand comparisons. Some other examples include:
- Perrigo's store brand over-the-counter (OTC), generic prescription and infant nutritional products are subject to the same government oversight and FDA manufacturing standards as name brand products.
- Perrigo's OTC and generic prescription products are subject to pre-approval inspections by the FDA as part of the approval process for an Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA).
- Perrigo recognizes the role that pediatrician recommendations play in choosing which product parents provide to their children. We actively reach out to pediatricians in order to ensure accurate understanding of infant pain reliever doses and dosage deliveries, so that doctors and parents can treat children safely and effectively.
- Our child resistant packaging meets or exceeds requirements established by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
We invest in robust quality systems that enable us to manufacture high-quality products while keeping our production costs low. As a result, consumers are able to purchase our equivalent products at a significant discount compared to name brand products.
One way we demonstrate our success in delivering high-quality, low-cost products to consumers is our ability to make products right the first time. Doing things right the first time is a value instilled in our culture and a main driver of our commitment to quality. Quality serves as a cornerstone of our social responsibility efforts and our business strategy, enabling Perrigo to provide quality, affordable healthcare products to consumers worldwide. To find out more, please visit the 2014 Corporate Social Responsibility Report.