Dublin, Ireland -- January 28, 2021 -- Perrigo Company plc (NYSE; TASE: PRGO), a leading provider of Quality, Affordable Self-Care Products, is pleased to announce its support of the 57th BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition (BTYSTE), which took place virtually on Wednesday, January 6 through Friday, January 8 in Dublin, Ireland. As an event sponsor, Perrigo donated €40,000 to further assist in cultivating and nurturing the future scientists of Ireland through its non-profit organisation, the Perrigo Company Charitable Foundation.
Designed to raise schools’ engagement in the critical subjects of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM), the Exhibition calls upon students aged 12-19 years from all over the island of Ireland to showcase innovative science and technology projects to approximately 50,000 visitors each year. The conference took place in a virtual format for the first time this year, providing free access to guests from around the world to the very best of science and technology.
“At Perrigo, we are dedicated to supporting local organizations where we work and live, and programs that advance health and wellness through science, technology and innovation,” said Dr. Grainne Quinn, Chief Medical Officer of Perrigo. “We are proud to support STEM education in Ireland through our sponsorship of BTYSTE and look forward to continuing to play a role in inspiring and developing Ireland’s next generation of innovative leaders. Cultivating and nurturing the talent of our future scientists and engineers has never been more important.”
In addition to its support of BTYSTE, in 2020 the Perrigo Company Charitable Foundation has supported a variety of organisations across Ireland to advance its mission of enhancing the health, well-being and education of individuals and communities worldwide donating more than €300,000.
• Uversity – Uversity provides scholarships for mature students who wish to study a bachelor’s degree at third level institutions on the island of Ireland.
• St. Andrew’s Resource Center - The Centre offers support services and development opportunities to individuals and families at all stages of the life cycle.
• College Awareness Week - CAW is a nationwide campaign promoting the benefits of going to college and helping ALL students to become college-ready.
• Multiple Sclerosis Ireland - The MS Care Centre offers short-term respite care to people with multiple sclerosis and other neurological conditions, therapeutic services, neurological assessments and many social activities in a homely environment in the suburbs of Dublin.
• Peter McVerry Trust - Peter McVerry Trust is Ireland's largest provider of Housing First services and is responsible for 61% of all services delivered under the National Housing First Implementation Plan.
• The Simon Community - The Simon Community is a charity which helps people to access and retain a home by providing housing, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership.
• Temple Street Hospital – Children’s Health Ireland at Temple Street Children's University Hospital, founded in 1872, is an acute paediatric hospital that cares for 145,000 sick children per year.
• Dublin Lions Club - Dublin Lions Club is a service organisation that has been serving Dublin's elderly, youth and disadvantaged for over 60 years.
• Additional charities chosen by employees through matched donations
Perrigo Company plc (NYSE; TASE: PRGO) is a leading provider of Quality, Affordable Self-Care Products and over-the-counter (OTC) health and wellness solutions that enhance individual well-being by empowering consumers to proactively prevent or treat conditions that can be self-managed. The Perrigo Company Charitable Foundation is a private, non-profit organization wholly funded by Perrigo Company plc. The Foundation’s mission is to provide financial support to non-profit organizations that promote our commitment to enhance the health, well-being and education of individuals and families in communities in which Perrigo operates. To learn more about The Perrigo Company Charitable Foundation, please visit our website here.
Lyndsey Chmiel, Senior Manager, Global Investor Relations & Corporate Communications, (269) 673-9324, E-mail: email@example.com
Cory Ziskind, Managing Director, ICR, (646) 277-1232, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org